Author Topic: [Video] The Ocean House Pander + Helicopter  (Read 1234 times)

Mv.c9

• Administrator
  • Elder
    • View Profile
[Video] The Ocean House Pander + Helicopter
« on: March 30, 2012, 04:24:27 AM »
The first scene is about the random hunter helicopters roaming around the city looking for suspicious activity. This makes the environment seem more alive.

The second scene we have a Sabbat Pander guarding the ocean house. He is the first vampire you will fight, but since he is a pander - a sabbat thin blood - then you wont have much trouble with him. Killing him will grant you access to the key to the ocean house. There are several ways you can go about getting rid of him. In the video we use full frontal assault.

You can see the video here: [Video] The Ocean House Pander + Helicopter

So what do you think?
Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Flinx

• Ancillae
    • View Profile
    • Grouchy Gimp
Re: [Video] The Ocean House Pander + Helicopter
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:53:35 AM »
That is f****** awesome! (Am I allowed to swear on here?)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:02:41 AM by Ice »

Ice

• Ancillae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 07:05:06 AM »
Pretty cool! Love how the Pander fights! Now that's improved AI!

Flinx: The T&C says no to cursing but other rules have been relaxed. I've censored your post, like I have done to my own in the past. However if Mv.c9 explicitly says that rule can be relaxed, it should be fine to curse.

Mv.c9

• Administrator
  • Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:10:14 AM »
Swearing . . . ? well, the F word should be censored, but others should be fine.

Regarding the AI, the NPC will counter attack if you go into block. Other ways of killing him can also include sneaking past him, or sneak kill him.

Malachite

• Blutwynne
  • Global Moderator
  • Ancillae
  • Murderous fae
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »
It seems that the population of vampires is gonna be increased in the mod. Cool mini-boss fight. One question. This presence of additional vampires is going to be noted in script/dialogue? For instance, Therese telling you that there is a lowly caitiff wandering outside the Ocean House?
"A monster? You're insulting your own creation. So, you really don't remember, do you? Very well. Let me introduce you to your old self, one limb at a time."

Mv.c9

• Administrator
  • Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 07:58:01 PM »
It seems that the population of vampires is gonna be increased in the mod. Cool mini-boss fight. One question. This presence of additional vampires is going to be noted in script/dialogue? For instance, Therese telling you that there is a lowly caitiff wandering outside the Ocean House?

Not necessarily in that detail, however in later versions we will start making this editions. We will patch the game several times during the course of the year. as you report in stuff we will try making those justifications.

If that is going to be played out, you will actually tell her that you saw a pander, and she will comment something relevant.

Nasty Wet Smear

• Sired by Lies, Sire of Wickedness.
  • Elder
  • Vae Victus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 03:37:53 AM »
 How do we identify his clan in game? Cos I'll gladly tell her I saw Joseph Pander himself and was the reason he died! ;)
Do you know why? Because he's a Scott...
 ... Now that I've got you.

Mv.c9

• Administrator
  • Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »
How do we identify his clan in game? Cos I'll gladly tell her I saw Joseph Pander himself and was the reason he died! ;)

I believe the model is based on the concept art from the Sabbat/Pander Clan book.

Nasty Wet Smear

• Elder
  • Vae Victus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 06:46:10 AM »
 I meant in game, as in "In Character". How does my character "Buzzard ArchKillington The IV" recognise this hobo vampire as a Sabbat Clanless one? Is there information given to us, or a conversation had?

Ice

• Ancillae
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 09:12:57 AM »
Ew, new voicing for Therese. Don't like that idea. Maybe a rogue Assamite who hunts rabble as a job could tell you it was a Pander instead. So once the Pander is dead a new quest opens up and you can meet an Assamite in the Asylum club. Since you did part of his job for him, he could be an alternative blood supplier in case you decide to gimp yourself by pissing Vandal off. So no XP added, just another vendor for blood and maybe a little bit of conversation. How does that sound for an idea?

Malachite

• Blutwynne
  • Global Moderator
  • Ancillae
  • Murderous fae
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »
Not necessarily in that detail, however in later versions we will start making this editions. We will patch the game several times during the course of the year. as you report in stuff we will try making those justifications.

I like the fact that the non-essential things are not delaying the first release, oh thanks Kupala. I'm too much excited xD

Hum, I think I didn't say before but I like the Helicopter detail a lot, it gives life to the scenario as you said. It remembers me to Duke Nukem 3D an old game which had those kind of details.

Ice, the rogue Assamite sounds awesome.

Nasty, your question arises an interesting subject. In truth, sometimes the Clan of a vampire is a guess made by the players. For example, Brother Kanker is a pretty obvious Nosferatu but guessing that Jezebel and Vick are, respectively, a Toreador and a Brujah is really a guess, the two could be Toreador or Brujah, one of them be a Caitiff, or both, etc.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:55:28 PM by Malachite »
"A monster? You're insulting your own creation. So, you really don't remember, do you? Very well. Let me introduce you to your old self, one limb at a time."

Syyrah

• Ancillae
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »
Nice. <aplauds>

A diplomatic option maybe? Or some battle shouts to signify why he attacked?

And things like helicopter and all these small imersion tid bits, make game very enjoyable.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's good idea to make this thin blood a sabbat. Well he is alone in here and thats not realy a sabbat style, especialy if he's a thin blood? Even those at beach stay in group.

I see him as some loner who was kicked out from other vampire territories. Now, he sees other vamp walking, probably to kick him out too. And is pissed of and wount run anymore? Frenzies?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:57:00 PM by Syyrah »
Why, yes. I like the creepy ones most.

Nasty Wet Smear

• Elder
  • Vae Victus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 03:05:24 PM »
 Well, Panders do make good "Horsemen" and spies, because if they die, nobody in the sect loses a wink of sleep. ;)

SoniMax

• Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »
Since the sun is shining on my monoitor i didnt manage to see how the pander looked in detail but from what i managed to see it seemed pretty cool. ^^

Mv.c9

• Administrator
  • Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 01:03:38 PM »
Ew, new voicing for Therese. Don't like that idea. Maybe a rogue Assamite who hunts rabble as a job could tell you it was a Pander instead. So once the Pander is dead a new quest opens up and you can meet an Assamite in the Asylum club. Since you did part of his job for him, he could be an alternative blood supplier in case you decide to gimp yourself by pissing Vandal off. So no XP added, just another vendor for blood and maybe a little bit of conversation. How does that sound for an idea?

There is no need for voice acting. This is what happens.

Therese does not know of the Pander.
You kill pander, you go back.
No therese, only jeanete, you tell her you saw some vampire (you dont know its pander), she will say that she doesnt know anything (since she has her own quest).
When you see therese she will also tell you that she will look into it but there are more important things.
done.

no new dialog, we use their own.
Now you might think that this is lazy, but there is a bigger plot in the background. A plot that will lead to the story you have to do with big fat larry.